Case study: Global FMCG producer acquired a local plant
Project description: Our client was a global FMCG producer. The company acquired a local plant in Nothern Bohemia and was looking for an Interim Operation Manager able to integrate local structure to global functions and stabilize the Operation Management.
Detailed description: The international management was in place for some time, but lacking strong local Operational Manager as support. Operations Manager reported to local GM, regional managers as well co-operated with global sales structure.
Tasks of Interim Manager:
- Lead, coordinate and supervise the operations of production
- Full P&L responsibility of the plant
- Ensure on time delivery and quality standards are met
- Lead and motivate the Plant supervisory team
- Report to (and manage relationships with) superiors
- Planning and budgeting,
- Implement new technologies, procedures and systems where appropriate,
- Ensure that cost control targets are met,
- Liaise with clients
Length of the assignement: 6 months, finally prolonged to 14 months!
The role of an Interim Operations Manager was introduced to company, Interim Operations Manager was successfully co-operating and fulfilling his agreed tasks with structures for 14 months. The company decided to hire the Operations Manager as Director of the Site.